Friday, November 30, 2012

November Happenings

November kicked off the start of the holiday season for us.  Every Thanksgiving, we always have my mom and Jason's dad over for Thanksgiving dinner.  I cook mostly everything, with the help of my mom making a few side dishes (her signature sweet potato casserole, YUM).  This was my third year roasting a turkey and it was another success!  I'm always terrified I'm going to mess it up... luckily my streak is holding strong.

I really do love Pinterest for showing me festive things like these that I stole for some snacks to munch on before dinner:


Turkey cheeseballs

Veggie turkey
Dinner was yummy as always!

Table before we sat down to eat
We're always left with food for days because I tend to over estimate on things....  So we made some Capriotti's Bobbie sandwiches with our leftovers.  To be honest, they were much better! 

drool.


Before Thanksgiving, our best friends had their second baby, Hudson.  We got to visit the day he was born and it totally made us baby swoon for one of our own someday!  He is a perfect little chunk, and we are so excited to be auntie and uncle to another awesome baby of the Luks family!


For a "before Black Friday" deal, we splurged on a Kitchenaid mixer that I've been wanting for a while.  We had put it on our wedding registry, realistically knowing it was way too expensive to be on there.  So once this deal came around, I had to get it!  It was worth every penny.  The first day we got it in the mail, I busted it open, cleaned it, and put it to use for some Ghiradelli Brownies.  

This thing is going to get lots of use!
Jason got a fun early Christmas gift from Brock... Christmas sweater beer koozies they can use together!  Bromance.

Best friends and their koozies.

Happy November!















No comments