Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bump Watch: 40 Weeks... The End is Near... Hopefully!






































How far along? FINALLY 40 WEEKS! 
Total weight gain: Total weight gain as of my appointment on Thursday was 31 pounds.  
Maternity clothes? I'm down to about 6 shirts on rotation that still fit properly, and only leggings, sweatpants and pajama pants.  No use in buying new clothes when HOPEFULLY I won't be needing them in the next few weeks!
Stretch marks? Still nothing!  Hooray!
Sleep:  I definitely have a pattern of every 2-3 hours during the night waking up, getting up to pee, and taking a good 15 minutes to get back to sleep.  It takes me a while to fall asleep now, but I attribute that to being at home all day and relaxing, napping, and not doing too much during the day!  Instead of feeling the "last minute" burst of energy before labor, I've been feeling extremely fatigued, like I could sleep all.day.long.
Best moment this week: Getting my prenatal massage at Green Valley Ranch on Tuesday... it was amazing!  I wish I could get one once a week now!  Also spending my first full week of maternity leave catching up around the house, cleaning, relaxing, and not having to worry about anything work related!  And reaching a FULL complete pregnancy of 40 weeks!  But now he can come... please.... come.. soon.....
Miss Anything? Although I love being pregnant and I've loved most of every minute of it... I'm ready to meet this little guy and be UNprego.
Movement: Still wiggling around in what little room he has.  I asked about the decrease in movement at my appointment on Thursday, and Dr. said it's completely normal since he's squished.  It really does freak me out but supposedly everything is okay!
Food cravings: Still nothing in particular but I have moments of not wanting to eat much at all or a ravenous rage of hunger out of nowhere!  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender prediction: Better be a boy!

Labor Signs: Minus the fact that we've reached our 40 week due date, and nothing BIG is happening... I'm still experiencing Braxton Hicks more often and lots of menstrual like cramping... but still nothing timbale or consistent!  Hoping that changes in the next few days....
Symptoms: Fatigue, Braxton Hicks, pelvic pressure, cramping, you know... typical 40 Week pregnant symptoms. UGH!  Please get out now!  
Belly Button in or out? Definitely not in, anymore.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Anxious for labor to start... Annnnnny time would be great!
Looking forward to: Getting this little guy out of me!  Hoping that he will decide to get things started soon.  On Thursday, I'll meet with Dr. Juarez again to see what kind of progress has been made.  If I make it until then, we will discuss and schedule our induction, based on the hospital schedule.  SO, hopefully we're looking at a week MAX on meeting this little guy!  I'm really hoping baby will decide to come naturally before we have to induce.  I'm not too excited about the outcomes of induction, a lot of the time resulting in C-Sections and an intense, delayed labor.  So please, baby Nolan, please come in the next few days!  We are so looking forward to meeting you... I know you'll like it much more outside of mommy's tummy than in there!  

No comments