Monday, May 12, 2014

First Mother's Day!


Mother's Day was especially nice this year because it was my very first to celebrate being a Mommy! Last year at Mother's Day, we had just found out we were expecting, but no one else knew at the time.  This year made it that much more meaningful, knowing we've come full circle and were able to celebrate with our little guy!

Nolan gave me the cutest card that he wrote in himself (maybe Dad helped, a little), and he also treated me with a gift card to the Spa at Green Valley Ranch!  Ever since my prenatal massage there right before my due date, I have been wanting another visit SO bad, but never really thought I would be able to go back.  I'm thankful Jason will let me take a day to enjoy for myself and I am so excited to book this massage, ASAP!









The boys also spoiled me by taking me out for not one, but TWO meals for the day!  We wanted to try a new place for brunch, so we planned on driving across town to DW Bistro.  Online, the website said they would not be taking reservations for Mother's Day.  So we braved the crowds and tried it anyway.  When we got there, they asked if we had a reservation!?  Because we didn't, it was a 2.5 hour wait, so we politely declined.  No place is worth waiting that long for!

We decided to try Bachi HLK, instead.  We frequent Bachi Burger a lot and love it, and had heard they recently opened a new restaurant serving brunch and lunch.  When we got there, there was no wait and we got seated and started right away!  They offered complimentary mimosas for Moms, so I definitely took advantage and enjoyed one, which didn't disappoint.  Our food was amazing and we will definitely be making the trip over there again to visit for brunch.  Jason got the HLK Classic Eggs Benedict, and I got the Almond Brioche French Toast.  It was SO good, the prices were decent, and we highly recommend it!





Nolan was amazing through our morning outing, and spent the half the morning awake and up with us and the other half snoozing for his nap.  Although he's becoming more alert, he can still (mostly) manage to take his naps in his carseat while we are out running around, which I'm thankful for!

We spent the afternoon running a couple errands and then resting at home before going back out to dinner with my mom at Elephant Bar in the District.  Again, Nolan was a good baby and had fun playing with his toys and the menus, as well as snapping a few pictures while we waited for our food.  Once we got our dinner, he took a nap in his carseat and let us eat!  After dinner, we went to one of our favorite dessert places, Sweet Addictions, and got some yummy Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.  Nolan was over being out so much for the day, and decided he wanted to leave ASAP, so we booked it home and put him to bed.  




Words can't even express how it feels to be Nolan's mom.  Being a mommy is all that I imagined it to be, ten times harder than I thought but a million times more rewarding than I ever could have expected.  I'm so lucky to have this little guy steal my heart four months ago, and I can't even remember what life was like before he came along.  I'm also thankful for having the most supportive husband who works his butt off to allow me to do my dream job and stay at home with our baby!  Being a stay at home mom is HARD, despite what most people think, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I feel so lucky and proud to be the mom of an amazing family!





No comments