Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Day at ABC Kids Expo '18

The month of October kicks of the start of holiday festivities for us, but before all that goodness, the ABC Kids Expo is another exciting perk of the month!  I looked forward to attending the expo again this year, and applied for a media badge early on.  With our family dynamic changes and my start of full-time work, I was bummed to think I'd be unable to attend the show this year.  Fortunately, some days in my schedule switched around, and I was able to attend- even if it was just one day!  I packed up the kids and we prepped for a full day there... because last year was 2.5 days of craziness, and I knew I was about to pack in all of that in just a few hours!






We headed in and went straight to print our badges, where both kids were stoked to wear them this year!  We barely entered the showroom before Nolan found this hilarious bath toy... The Potty Duck.  




Rocker Mama was a genius new product that I thought was awesome.  




We met with Pib Baby and were introduced to some adorable full coverage bibs, in the prettiest designs. 




I was finally able to check out the Keenz stroller wagon in person, and it did not disappoint!  This thing is amazing and is definitely on my wish list.  




We took a pit stop to play, and the kiddos were gifted some of these awesome Crayon Rocks.






The Yelly mat was an international product, but something the kids were really drawn to and has tons of educational information in each mat.





Melissa and Doug had the one of the favorite booths, where we took another break to play in their adorable grocery store.



Nolan requested a photo op with the Hape castle.



Little Unicorn had their same booth as before, which is the cutest little cottage house, and their new designs were even cuter.  They also had new carseat head rests, made of the same deluxe muslin that Little Unicorn is so good at making super, super soft. 




I went a little crazy at the RePlay booth, since they were selling everything off for $1 each!  We definitely stocked up on our need of plates and cups!  These are our favorites... they last forever, clean so well and are super easy to maintain.  Plus, now we own almost every color!




The kids played next to the Finn and Emma booth while I swooned over all their tiny goodies.  Super cute prints and such fun and simple play accessories, like macrame swings and play mobiles. 






I found a new shop, Baby Soy, I was excited to start following, with lots of basics in some really cute and fun colors and solids, and a couple of really adorable pajama prints!





We made a stop at one of our favorites, Freshly Picked, where I got a first hand look at the new High Tops (on Nolan's Christmas list in VGK colors!), and we saw lots and lots of realllllllllly cute new prints that I'm not allowed to share or post about, but can easily say that some good things are coming!



Our final stop on our way out was Copper Pearl, and I couldn't believe how much softer they made their swaddle blankets (toddler quilts now, too!)  These are seriously butter soft and would totally be my go-to if I had a new babe on the way.  They have a TON of fun prints, and I'm still going to check out the toddler quilts with their generous size and seriously comfy material.




We ended the day by playing with all of our fun new samples, but the favorite was by far the rocket bath toys by Marcus and Marcus .  The kids love these and have had so much fun with them every bath time since we've gotten them, and I love them because they are simple and mold free!  Less cleaning for Mama makes for a much happier Mama!




I'm so thankful to have been able to attend the ABC Kids Expo another year in a row.  The vibe continues to be overly friendly and positive, and you can tell that everyone there really does love what they do.  It's such an experience to be able to attend, and even more, let me kids come and play for the day, and we look forward to next years show, too!  



No comments