Monday, January 7, 2013

New Beginnings


Well, here we are, a week after my last blog post of "letting go".  

It's amazing the power of thought has on a person.

A new mindset brings new beginnings… and this year is really ringing in with a BANG to those new beginnings….

because...



We're PREGNANT!!!!!!!!





I still can't believe it!  It doesn't quite feel real.

Jason and I swore we missed out this past month on our timing and basically put it off to the next month to continue trying.  I tested my ovulation every single day and always got negative results.  No ovulation.  One solid line, never two.  I called Dr. Juarez's office just to make sure to continue with the same dosage of Clomid, and explained how I didn't think I ovulated based on my basal body temps and the OPKs.  I convinced myself to be ready for another round of Clomid, because it looked like it was heading that way.

About a week and a half ago, I started having extremely vivid, weird, terrifying dreams.  This was completely out of the norm for me, and I was waking up drenched in sweat each time.  I also had an extremely sensitive sense of smell… patients that came in that reeked of smoke made me gag, and one night while cooking pepper steak, I swore up and down the meat was rotten (Jason assured me it wasn't).  Plus, I was eating waaaay more than I normally do.  In one week, I had Sonic and Wendy's and definitely ingested about 1500 calories in each meal…for lunch.  Fat girl status!  I tried not to take these signs too much to heart- I had gotten my hopes up once and refused to let myself do that again.  The ups and downs were so not worth it!

So, I made a promise to myself to not take a pregnancy test until the first day of my missed period.  Fast forward one week, more smell sensitivity, extreme hunger and thirst later, and this morning was the morning!

As soon as I laid the test on the bathroom counter, it instantly had a faint line in the test line space.  This had never.happened.before.  Ever.  I continued to tell myself, no way… It needs to be much darker to be a positive.  I let 3 minutes go by.  Two lines, clear as day!  I still wanted to be sure, so I ruffled through my stash of pregnancy tests and grabbed another brand.  Again, an instant second line appeared.  Another five minutes- BAM!  Two lines!!  I finally took a ClearBlue test to be absolutely positive with word confirmation: "PREGNANT."  I was shaking and ran and woke Jason up.  All we could do was laugh.  Was this real?!  We really thought there was no way this time… but apparently we did something right!  

Based on my super irregular cycle, it's hard to tell exactly when it happened and where exactly I am in my pregnancy.  As of right now, I'm going with 5 weeks, until we get a doctor's appointment and get a more accurate date.  Either way, Baby Kelton will be due sometime around September 2013!

I hate that we have to wait so long for our appointment, but that's the way it rolls.  Until then, I'll probably take a million more tests just to make sure we're still going strong!  It really doesn't feel real, and I don't think it will until we see that lovely little heartbeat on the screen.  We are so, so blessed with everything in our lives, and this just makes it even more incredible!

Here's to 2013 and many, many new firsts the year will bring!

Jen, Jason, Harley and Baby Kelton!   

No comments