Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions


New Year's Resolutions.

I usually never make NYR.  Every year that I've made one, I've always forgotten what that something was by April.  So, it just goes to show how non important those resolutions were to me.

This year, the obvious thing Jason and I are hoping for is to get pregnant and to start our family in 2013.  And although it sounds a bit contradictory in more than one way, I'm actually setting a resolution this year that means everything to me, and more importantly, our marriage.

My resolution for 2013 is to let go.  As I've stated in previous posts, I can't control my future and need to work on letting life take its course rather than me controlling my own path.  A baby isn't going to come the more I "feel" pregnant or the more time I spend, wishing, hoping that this miracle take form.  More importantly, I need to live in the now and appreciate everything we have around us in the now moment! 

I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband who loves me throughout everything, and our ability to finally become Mr. & Mrs. this year.    I'm thankful for our fur-baby Harley, who will always be our first-born, with his unconditional love and loyalty.  I'm thankful for the amazing things we have in our life at such a young age- owning our own home, being able to buy an awesome car, our parents and our savings for allowing us to have an amazing, outstanding, best-ever wedding this year, and all the other things that come along with being very blessed and fortunate with our possessions.  And of course, none of those things even come close to having our friends and family in our lives, another blessing we are thankful for everyday.  For having best friends that live as close as two blocks away, to as far as across and spread throughout the country, and no matter how close, far, or how much time goes in between, we always remain close.  For having an "adoptive" niece and nephew that bring us so much happiness and for their parents letting us spoil them and treat them as our own family.  For having family that is always there for us, and who support us by traveling 3,000 miles to be with us on our wedding day.  We appreciate and love every one of you!

So, here's to 2013.  Here's to expecting the best, but living the now.  I cannot even fathom how amazing our life together has become and all that we have together.  I know that one day it will bring us exactly what we want, but in the meantime, I can't forget what we already have.  


No comments