Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Baby #2 Bump Watch: 24 Weeks


24 Weeks, which means we're closer to the end of this this pregnancy than the beginning of it!  Woohoo!  I'm still loving being pregnant and am so thankful I have had two easy pregnancies to experience, thus far!  At my most recent appointment, we actually switched my due date... putting us a few days behind schedule, which is actually what I expected.  Little lady has consistently been measuring 4-5 days behind my LMP date for every ultrasound that we've had since the very beginning, starting from the earliest ultrasound at 5 weeks, through the subchorionic hemorrhage scare at 7 weeks, to our anatomy scan and now our most recent ultrasound at 22 weeks.  Dr. Garg explained that everything was completely fine, and to be on the safe side, we're going to push the due date back exactly as far behind as she has been measuring- so the new tentative due date is May 18th, 2016.  Of course, this date will change and be a little bit earlier, due to having a C-Section planned, but I can rest comfortably knowing this little chick won't be born earlier than needed (hopefully!).  Through all of the recent ultrasounds and appointments we've had, she looks great and healthy, and I can feel her consistently multiple times a day as she's a little mover!  She definitely moves much more than Nolan did!  Everything else has been easy peasy as I've started to regain some energy, especially after being sick for over a month- being sick and pregnant at the same time is the worst.thing.ever.  Seriously.  We're getting more and more excited to meet this little one, and we're getting closer to deciding on a name, although we're still not 100% settled on one!   Read more for the regular update....

How far along? 24 Weeks
Total weight gain: Probably close to 15 pounds or so, unofficially.
Maternity clothes? I definitely don't wear normal clothes anymore.  Leggings are way too convenient and comfy... so if you're wondering if I'm lazy or just don't care... it's kind of a mix of both!  Haha.
Stretch marks? Nothing yet!
Sleep:  Finally sleeping through the night again after having a cold for over a month!  I busted out the pregnancy pillow and will sleep with it some nights, but not always.
Best moment this week: Receiving baby girl's crib blanket that I ordered, which I've been wanting for a while!  Starting to get planning on the nursery more and more, and hoping to see it come together soon!
Miss Anything? Definitely deli sandwiches this week.  Want Port of Subs SO.BAD!
Movement: Yes, all the time!  Even at my last appointment, Dr. Garg was impressed to see all the action from outside my belly and even the ultrasound tech commented on how active she was inside.  She's a mover, this one!
Food cravings: Cereal, cereal, cereal.  I've been going through boxes of cereal like it's nobody's business.  I eat one every night before bed.  Strawberries last weekend were also on my list of go-to constantly!  And string cheese.  Definitely have a weird craving for string cheese that I fulfill pretty much every day!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender prediction: Girl!

Symptoms: Ligament pain here and there, and a few leg cramps started up the past week.  I'm at the stage in pregnancy that I'm feeling good and really feeling pregnant, and loving it!
Belly Button in or out? Out, has been for a while.

Looking forward to: Continuing the nursery planning... I'm on a mission to get this going and finished soon!

No comments