Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year, New Us



I've had these pictures for three months, yet, could never find a way to start this post.  As I go through the motions each day, each week, each month passing by, some days are easier and others can be a struggle.  Most days are surprisingly decent, and I've learned I have a lot more strength in me than I ever knew.  Yet, writing it down and putting it out there is just still so weird for me.  I figured with a new year in sight, brings a new normal for our family, so what better time to share these photos than now.

Our family of four has decided to change.  


Coming from a divorced family, I always thought I knew exactly what not to do in a relationship so mine wouldn't end up the same way.  I was wrong.

One thing that has not changed and has grown quite immensely is my absolute passion for being a Mom.  When the news was dropped on me in September, one of the first things I felt inclined to do in the first few weeks was to have new family pictures taken.  With the timing of the holidays, it never once crossed my mind to not send out cards, to pretend everything was the same, or to dismiss it all completely.  I felt strongly about creating our new normal and wanted to let my kids know that a new normal is okay.  I never once want them to feel like they come from a broken family, and I've taken it upon myself to make sure these babies feel so loved and complete.  

These pictures are so much more than pictures for me, which is what I told our photographer after she sent them over.  These pictures are my love for my children.  They are the bond between a big brother and a little sister.  They are our new normal.  And most importantly, they remind me that the three of us are going to do this together.  Through all the "I miss yous", the tears, the hugs; through the struggle of raising an almost five-year old with an attitude and a very active and sassy two-year old, the time outs, and the messes; through all the fighting and the giggles alike, I get through knowing one day, they'll understand.  I get through knowing they are my family, my everything, and the three of us will do this.  I am strong enough to do this.  And most importantly, I am doing this.  

Here's to 2019 and all the changes it may bring!  I know having these two muchkins by my side is enough.  See ya later, 2018, it's been {a little too} real.  And even though I'm sad (okay, devastated) to see this huge chapter of my life end, I'm so passionately committed to making this next chapter the best one for these two.

Enjoy our family pictures below... you've been warned, there's lots!



  





















































No comments