Monday, April 15, 2019

A Room Fit For A VGK!


For Nolan's fifth birthday, I decided I would revamp his room to the ultimate Vegas Golden Knights getaway, since he literally lives, sleeps and breathes all things VGK.  His room theme was still baseball, which was his nursery, then turned toddler room, and it was definitely time to switch it up to a more "big boy" appropriate aesthetic.  While we do love our VGK in our home, I definitely didn't want his room to be themed-out and logo-overkill, so I tried to keep it a little more simple and minimalistic, with VGK/hockey details thrown in.  The end result came out great, and although we would have loved to get new furniture to really pull the room together, I worked with what was within our budget and came out with something that not only I was proud of, but that Nolan absolutely adored.


{See bottom for all details on where his accessories and etc. are from!}

The main focal point of his (very small) room would be the bed!  I initially intended on purchasing a whole VGK bedding set from Bed, Bath and Beyond, but knew with the accessories I had, it would just be too much logo for one small room, for my liking, at least.  So, I kept it simple with solids as a bedspread and sheets, and super affordable from Target which allowed me to splurge on the accent pillows, instead.  Both VGK pillows were found at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and the throw was gifted to him for his birthday, made by Grandma.




The prints above his bed are ones I spotted at McKenzie River Pizza at City National Arena.  I love the patent prints and knew once I saw the Zamboni one, that it was the route I was going to take in making a "Hockey room" rather than solely VGK everything.  The felt ball garland is probably one of my favorite parts of his room, and gives that little pop of themed color needed with all the muted grays and solids.






His side table houses his okay-to-wake clock and an extra bed lamp, plus a bucket below full of his VGK Oyo players.  You can always find one of his five Terrible Herbst's Knights cups by his bed, too (and if anyone has a heads up on where we can get a Schmidt cup, he's the missing one to our six-cup collection)!


His closet system has been open since we transitioned from a nursery to a toddler room, and I love having his doors off to make the room a little more roomy.  In Nolan's case, half of his shirts and wardrobe are all Knights related, so it runs quite well to the theme!


We love housing all of our books in both kids' rooms, so the majority of Nolan's favorites are found in his wall shelf.  I kept the pennants to a limit of two in his room, although Nolan would choose to have about 50 if he could!


I love a simple letter board, and when I saw that Target had one in black and gray, I knew it needed to be an addition in his room.  Now that it's Playoff time, I need to make an update with, "WE WANT THE CUP!"


Behind his door, I hung pictures and little memories that Nolan loves to look at on a gold photo hanger from Ikea.  Before, he had a clothespin display, and I like that Acelyn can't rip these off on the daily.


On top of his dresser, Fleury and Engelland watch over him, while his autographed pucks are kept in safe keeping in a jar we reused from his old baseball themed room.  As far as all his other VGK memorabilia, I created a portfolio book for him to keep all his game posters, tickets, and any VGK related "thing" he's collecting in that book to keep from ripping.  He loves flipping through to see his collection on the weekly.





He received two VGK posters between birthday and Christmas gifts, so we framed those and kept the rest of the wall simple, while hanging his jerseys to display.



And, because he's still five, he does have random toys kept in his cubby in his closet, as well as his fire house in the corner to play.  Simple is best and we love how this system works for us!  See below for all the details and feel free to ask about anything I may have forgotten!




Comforter: Target, but no longer available online 
Sheets: Target
VGK Pillow (large): Bed, Bath and Beyond, in store only
VGK Pillow (smaller): Bed, Bath and Beyond, in store only
Birth Stats Pillow: PCB Home
VGK Throw: Made by Grandma
VGK Puppy & Sweatshirt: Build a Bear
Chance Stuffy: Vegas Sports and Hockey
Wall Prints: Gatto Stamps
Felt Ball in VGK colors: The Fickle Felt Tree 
Letterboard: Target
Gold Lamp:  WalMart
Great Day for Vegas Hockey tee: Threads of eNVy; use code Kelton10 for a discount on anything in the store!
Knights to Remember Inaugural Season Book: Gifted to us, but can be found HERE
VGK Portfolio Book (VGK Sticker added by us): Amazon
Z for Zamboni Book: gifted to us, but can be found HERE
Posters: Gifted, but can be found at The Arsenal or The Armory 
Marc Andre Fleury figure: Gifted to us, but can be found at The Arsenal or The Armory
Gold photo hanger:  Ikea

No comments