Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fixin' My Flat!


We knew we definitely wanted to decorate Nolan's cranial band, but with so many options and designs to choose from, it made it SUPER hard to pick just one!  Most options are with vinyl stickers, which make adhering to and taking off the helmet pretty quick and easy.  You can also hand paint the cranial band, but neither Jason and I are very artistic, so we really wanted to avoid that route!  Another option we had (and still looking into) is getting his cranial band wrapped with vinyl, like they do for vehicles.  We are in the process of trying to work out some details with a local company, and we will see if it goes through or not.  It just depends on how long it takes as well as how long he's going to be in it for!  

In the meantime, I decided to get this cute decal from this awesome website that has a TON of designs!  If we keep to just the vinyl decals, I'd love to look into trying my own hand at cutting vinyl with my Cricut, especially for the holidays!  Except I have no idea how to create my own images to cut rather than using the pre-made cartridges.  Anyone that has experience in this, feel free to let me in on your secrets!! :)

Here is Nolan's new, decorated helmet debut!  Enjoy!









As you can see, Nolan loves wearing his helmet and still isn't bothered by it (Thank Goodness!)  He is such a good sport and we are so happy he's adjusted so well with the band!  Tomorrow we go for our first checkup!  Wish us luck!

No comments