Wednesday, October 11, 2017

September Happenings

We started out the month checking out Toys R' Us for Star Wars' Force Friday, followed by a play date at My Gym with our friends Coen and Shaw, where the boys tried realllllly hard to reach the bars and Acelyn went down slides a million times.






We spent the first weekend at the Green Valley Ranch pool with The Espejos, where we had yummy drinks, the babes ate yummy fruit and the kiddos swam and played at the beach all morning.  Acelyn and Perry hated the beach, and were totally not into the sand at all, screaming at us to take them out.  They were much happier on the ledge of the pool, where they happily played with straws, cups, and whatever else they could toss in repeatedly.  The pool and the sun wore them out, and both kids passed out on our way home.  Luckily, they continued napping in their beds and we got to sneak in a much needed day nap, too!













The next day, we met up with the Espejos again at Lake Las Vegas for their Labor Day fireworks.  We claimed a spot in the grass, and decided to grab some dinner at Sonrisa Grill before the festivities began.  After dinner, we found some dessert at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and the kids played and danced around while we waited for the sun to set and the fireworks to begin.  To keep our sanity, I busted out the iPad so the kiddos could watch Trolls, where they all circled around to watch in the final minutes leading down to the fireworks show.








The Luks family met up with us right before, and made it just in time for the firework to start.  Nolan was really nervous about the fireworks, but once they started, he was totally fine and was SO excited about each new "Bang!" and color.  Of course, absent minded me, I didn't take any pictures of the actual fireworks, but these live stills that I have of the kids (and Nolan's extreme excitement) make me smile!




The fireworks were gorgeous over the water, and we love spending time down at the lake when there are events going on, especially with all of our besties!

We enjoyed a long weekend with the next day being Labor Day, and spent the early afternoon at my Dad's house for a BBQ.  Nolan spent his whole time in the water, and Acelyn spent her whole time giving me a heart attack trying to run around the pool, instead.  





We had lunch with Grandpa, and then had to head out quickly so I could make my hair appointment (that was much, much needed after two years of not doing it!)


Acelyn and I spent a morning at My Gym while Nolan was in Preschool, and the next day the kids enjoyed playing in the rain.



 


On Friday, it was back to My Gym for open gym for both kids, where they ran around like crazy people to get their energy out. 




At home after naps, it rained again, and Harley was terrified of the thunder.  He slept under the kids' table in the living room, while we lounged around and caught up on some Moana while the rain came down. 





We met up with the Luks family on Saturday night for a fast food picnic and park date!  The kids ran out their energy and played with "the plate" as Nolan calls it (aka the frisbee), and then spent the rest of the night on the playground.  The slide was the biggest hit with forming a train down each time, and Hudson owned the monkey bars and was super proud of himself!  







The Ravens played on Sunday and, of course, we had to dress the part!  






Another week, another My Gym class, where Acelyn loved the beach ball activity and was all about going down the slide on her belly. 









Acelyn started an adorable "Boo" game, where she pretends to scare me by saying BOO!, and then after a few times, she says, "MAMA!" like she needs protecting because she is scared.  It is probably one of my favorite things she is doing lately!



We visited the Disney store, and Acelyn beelined it straight for the Sully stuffed animals.  She is obsessed with Monster's Inc. and absolutely adores this stuffed Sully every time we come here, even though it's almost as big as her!  (Later in the month, I blew it because I kept putting off buying one for her, and now they are sold out in the store! I'm hoping we can find one at our trip to Disney in a couple months)!





Friday open gym at My Gym came around again, where Nolan played so sweetly with Shaw (I wish he played like this with his sister!), and the boys stuck together most of the time to play.  






Acelyn looked way too big at bedtime one night. 



We helped celebrate Jameson turn ONE! at her adorable flamingo themed party.  I can't believe this little chick is already a year old... it goes by way too fast!  Nolan loved playing with the big kids, and Acelyn was her typical self, providing lots of stares and serious faces to everyone around.  She finally warmed up with a game of follow the leader, as they roamed around the house in circles a million times! Getting a picture of the two of them together proved impossible, so the best I could get were blurs!  Happy, Happy First Birthday, Jameson!  






The next morning, we took a trip downtown for donuts at Donut Bar, and explored around the street art for Life is Beautiful! 

At My Gym class the next week, Acelyn especially liked the ball pit and spent a ton of time in it, giggling like crazy. 




When we picked Nolan up from Preschool, we took a quick trip to Trader Joes and grabbed some necessities and treats (because, TJs). 



At home, he showed me his cactus and coyote painting, since they learned about Desert Life that week at school. 




I had the best time in New Orleans for our first annual girls' trip!

When I got back home, Acelyn would not stop hugging and clinging to me, and I think we were both looking forward to bedtime snuggles!



It was back to the weekly grind, with more My Gym, more sliding, and more ball pit fun!



After we picked Nolan up from school, we played Cafe du Monde with some souvenirs I brought back from New Orleans.  My waiters served me the best cotton ball beignets... but not quite as good as the real thing.  Cheap fun, for sure!  






Acelyn loves to make the funniest face when she's hungry and sees me cooking or sees food that she wants, and has learned to say, "Mmmmmmm" with it each time. I finally got a quick video of a mild version, one night while I was cooking dinner. 



We spent a morning at the park with Grandpa for a bit, since the weather was a little cooler than normal. 



Acelyn played Peek a Boo and cracked herself up. 



Nolan learned about Fall this week at Preschool, and brought home some stencil colored leaves and a big sponge painted leaf. 




We ended our month hanging out with our friends, The Luks, Espejo and Gerfy families, at the District, where we ate dinner at Me Gusta Tacos and let the kids play in the splash pad and listen to music all night.  Acelyn and Perry played back and forth in the splash pad to running away from us, either down to the stage for the music or into Me Gusta Tacos to just say Hi!  Scarlett helped contain them and they looked adorable holding hands together and walking around.  After dinner and drying off, we walked down to Shake Shack with Brock, Jess and the kids, where we all chowed down on some ice cream.  The kids were playing and having fun after their sugar high, when all of a sudden Acelyn took a spill out of nowhere and must have tripped from the cobblestone.  She got back up with a bloody mouth, so we stopped to suck on ice and stop the bleeding.  Poor girl ended up with a fat lip that night, and I felt so bad for her.








The next morning, I inspected her mouth to check out what I thought was just a cut lip... when I found her two front teeth completely chipped!  We got into the dentist that Monday, and luckily she did great and no damage was done, other than the uneven chipping that we can opt to file down when she's a little older.  So, my tough nut girl had her first big injury, and has some battle wound teeth to show it!  

...Until next month!

No comments