Monday, February 4, 2013

Happiest Place on Earth

During the first weekend of February, we had planned months back to take a trip to Disneyland for Scarlett's 2nd birthday.  It was so special to help celebrate with her and both Brock and Jess' whole family, and we are lucky to be a part of their "extended" family. We think of them as our family more than our friends, and as I've said before, we treat Scarlett and Hudson as our adopted niece and nephew.  When they initially invited us to Disney, there was no way we could pass it up!

Jason and I hadn't been to Disneyland since we were both very little.  I was about nine the last time my family and I had gone, and he was even younger than that.  We were excited to see what we remembered and what was new since our last visit.  Come to find out, we both didn't remember much about it!  Either way, we had an amazing time being kids again in the happiest place on earth, and it couldn't have come at a better time to just get away from the real world and live like a kid.  So we did. :)


Sleeping Beauty's Castle 
Couldn't have been more perfect for our weekend.  I pretty much cried when I saw this.
Welcome to Disney!

Wishing well at Sleeping Beauty's castle.  Jason and I each made our wish.


The Birthday Girl!
Little Mickey Hudson
California Adventure
Waiting in line for Star Tours 
Big Thunder Ranch Petting Zoo... yes, I dragged Jason to this, being the animal lover I am.
So cute!
Everything tastes better in Disneyland!
Radiator Springs Racers.. we won!
Space Mountain
California Screamin'
Tower of Terror
Adorable desserts at Scarlett's birthday dinner, Ariel's Grotto 
Little one passed out at the end of the day!  Too much fun!
Happy in the happiest place on Earth!

No comments