Friday, February 1, 2013

January Happenings

January was an extremely eventful month, obviously full of extreme highs and extreme lows (see previous blog posts).  Yet, with both the exciting and devastating news that we experienced, life happened in between.  And for those moments that happened, I wanted to make sure we documented our January happenings, just as every other month. :)

Right after the new year, we took a quick trip to the snow at Mount Charleston.  Harley had never been in the snow before, so we figured it would be a great day to let him run around and check it out!  He had a blast and it was fun to see him enjoy the snow so much!  








We enjoyed nights out to dinner throughout the month with our friends the Luks'.  On one night, we tried Nielsen's Frozen Custard which was delicious!

My partner in crime :)
Stacey came into town to celebrate her birthday for the weekend.  I love spending any second with her that I can since we don't live in the same city anymore, and the weekend was even more fun because we got to see lots of friends we hadn't seen in a while.  Plus, any excuse to get out of the house is okay in our book!

We went to check out a new bar downtown called Commonwealth and it didn't disappoint.  Stacey and Jeremy kept it classy with their designated drinks: a martini for Jeremy and a beer (with special koozie) for Stacey.  After we spent time at Commonwealth, we decided to hop over to another bar down the street called The Griffin.  We spent time dancing and drinking there and then called it a night!  



My girls for life! (and all of our unplanned brown boots)
The birthday girl breaking it down
The next night, we all went out to eat at Lucille's and then spent the night drinking at Quinn's Irish Pub in Green Valley Ranch.  Sometimes I forget how great it is to have good bars close by, and Quinn's is definitely one of those places!  It was so great to have my best friend in town again, and I love being able to spend time with my friends who I don't normally get to see on a regular basis.  We always have such a good time together and it makes me miss our college days when we were all inseparable!
Birthday girl and her sundae!

Jason got to hang out with his friends, too :)
Towards the end of the month, I spent a lot of time snuggling with my fur baby.  Any day snuggling with this little dude is a good day for me! 


No comments