Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Nolan's Nursery

Nolan's nursery is finally complete!  We finished most of it before he arrived, but had a few final details to settle once we got home from the hospital.  I made sure we finished them before we had our newborn photography taken, being as though most of the photos were going to be taken in his nursery.  We went with a vintage baseball theme and wanted to keep the colors decently neutral and very boyish.  I love the final product and how it turned out!  For now, our maternity photos are displayed until we get his newborn photography back (can't wait to see how they came out!)  






The little accents around the room are most of Jason's old baseball collectibles he has had since he was young.  Jason played baseball from ages six to sixteen, but was forced to quit when he had shoulder surgery in high school and never got back into the game.  Scattered throughout the room are a variety of autographed baseballs, vintage toys and figurines, old photos of Jason playing baseball, and an original signed photo of Nolan Ryan (fitting, right!?)  He was one of Jason's favorite players growing up... hence the name inspiration!








Our collage wall is a mix of baseball wall art, the most meaningful and true quotation that I can absolutely relate to now that I have this little baby in my life, and of course, some puppy love for Harley!  I crafted the burlap baseballs hanging in the collage as well as the blue "N", which we used in our maternity photos.  The baseball mitt on the dresser was my mom's when she played softball in her high school days- very vintage!  The yarn wrapped numbers signifying his birthday were part of our table numbers at our wedding that I also crafted.  I knew I wanted to incorporate them into Nolan's life somehow, so by displaying them in his nursery, I figured a part of our special day would be with him all the time.  The blankets on the chair are two of our favorites that we received from close friends- Auntie Erin made the blue and tan crochet blanket, and Auntie Jess bought Nolan the dachshund blanket!  








We wanted to incorporate not only a theme that we enjoyed, but meaningful items, like Jason's childhood baseball collections as well as my DIY projects, into his nursery that add extra special flair!  I think it came out just like we pictured, and we couldn't be happier with the end result!  We just hope this little boy likes baseball one day..... 

No comments