Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December Happenings & the Christmas Season!

December seemed to have flown by, most likely because of the holidays and the fact that I am ALMOST to my due date!  Only 12 more days until D Day, although I'm not sure if little baby man wants to make his appearance soon... He's quite stubborn and doesn't seem to want to leave his warm, toasty home for the last nine months!  We're crossing our fingers that he arrives before or shortly around our due date.  Mommy really doesn't want to be induced and/or go too far over the 12th... he's already so smushed in there, I can't imagine he would want to stay in that much longer!!  We shall see!

Anyways, December started, and I decorated our house for Christmas right away!  This is by far my favorite holiday, but this year was a little bit more difficult to decorate with a big belly in the way!  Luckily, Jason was a good sport and helped with the tree and our outside lights.  It always makes the house feel so much more magical and warm when it's completely decked out for Christmastime!











We got the cutest surprise package from our good friends Dustin and Desa for baby Nolan!  He got his first sock monkey and an adorable Quicksilver outfit he'll be able to sport in the fall.  Thanks, guys!


Harley finally snuggled with his brother!  This whole pregnancy, he's been aware that something is up and there is change in the air, with new toys, furniture, clothes, gifts, etc. coming in for the new arrival, but he hasn't quite shown his affection for his baby brother like I was hoping.  One night, he finally snuggled up close to the bump, while Nolan lightly kicked him right back.  I know they are going to be the best of friends once baby gets here... it just may take a little warming up first!




We took our maternity photos with Kassidy Baker Photography... click here to see!

I reached the "Watermelon" stage of fruit comparisons this pregnancy....  Feeling HUGE at 36 weeks!



My coworkers threw me a baby shower one day this month after cases at work!  It was sweet of them to put together something and it is so great how excited and how much they love Nolan already, too!  Again, we were spoiled with lots of great gifts, outfits and supplies to make life a little easier for our first few months at home!  Thanks to all the girls at HSC for making it great!










I've been taking lots more bump pictures the bigger I get.... at 37 weeks:



37 Week Belly video: Jason filmed this while I was on my side, which is why the angle looks weird... but baby boy was really moving around!



At 38 weeks:



I figured I would post a "real" belly progression picture.... And I discovered I have most definitely dropped this last week.  (33, 35, 38 weeks):


We celebrated Christmas with our family and friends.  Christmas Eve was spent with my mom, as per tradition, and Christmas Day, Jason and I exchanged gifts, both mine and Jason's dad and grandfather came over to visit, and later in the evening we went back to my mom's for Christmas dinner.  I didn't take many pictures unfortunately and really regret not getting any of the bump during Christmastime!  Of course I managed to get some of the fur baby, and the only bump picture is from a few days before Christmas at 37 weeks.  As for gifts, Jason bought me some great things this year!  A mommy-to-be massage at Green Valley Ranch, a deep cleaning for the house, and tickets to go see The Book of Mormon at the Smith Center later this year in June, among a few other things!  Harley of course was spoiled with lots of gifts and treats from Santa and Grandma.  Grandma also spoiled baby Nolan this year... and he's not even here yet!  It was bittersweet to know that this Christmas is going to be the last calm, low-key Christmas with just the two of us.  Next year, we'll have a little one crawling and taking things off the tree... and I can't WAIT!  


Christmas morning
Harley waiting to open his gifts from Santa
Opening his stocking!
Jason enjoying his new headlamp
My gifts from Jason
Jason's gifts from me 
Harley being adorable
We got together with our friends a few days after Christmas, and it was great getting to see the ones we haven't seen in a while!  Bobbie came from out of town and it had been months since I had since her, and we also met up with some friends from college that we hadn't seen in years!  It was great to catch up and to spend some time downtown for dinner and drinks (minus me!)... mostly because we probably won't be doing that for the next few months!





Finally, we celebrated New Year's Eve staying in with the Luks' family.  They had lots of yummy food, desserts, drinks, games and movies with the kiddos.  I enjoyed my drink of choice: apple juice and sparkling cider, and classed it up in a martini glass to feel festive.  I barely made it to midnight because I was so exhausted, but I did it!  And then we ended up staying and chatting for the next couple hours.  Needless to say, we got to bed at 2AM and I was SO exhausted the next day!  



This month, and overall this year, has been such an exciting time for our family, and I can't believe we're finally counting down to just a little over a week before the most important member of our family arrives!  We can't wait to share the arrival of our little dude, and hopefully the next few blog posts will be only that!!  Happy New Year and here's to what 2014 will bring us!

No comments