Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Doctor's Visit Update

Today was our long awaited doctor's appointment since almost five weeks ago.  Going into my appointment, I felt confident that everything would turn out fine, but still had a tiny, slight feeling of doubt in the back of my mind.  I've come to the conclusion that because of the previous loss I've experienced, this just may never go away.  Unfortunately a loss takes away the innocence of being pregnant... which goes along with not having 100% trust in my body to do what it needs to do.

Fortunately, my doubt was washed away, yet again, with another great appointment with great news!  After going through my list of questions that most first time moms-to-be have, the doctor did a full exam, including a pelvic check to make sure the uterus felt correct and he also did a Doppler to hear the heartbeat again.  This time, the heartbeat measured exactly at 175 bpm, just as the 3D ultrasound at Miracle in Progress measured!  Looks like baby Kelton likes consistency!

I asked Dr. Juarez if we should feel comfortable sharing the news with our friends and family, and he absolutely agreed we should.  He reassured me one more time that most miscarriages happen from 6-8 weeks, and at 11 weeks after hearing the heartbeat like we did today (a strong one, at that) the chance of miscarriage is extremely slim.  

YAY!  This means we will be starting to share our news with the world.... even though I'm a little nervous to announce at 12 weeks (even though I shouldn't be), I'll be posting to the Facebook world in the next few days to share our news!  Look out for my different announcements (one for work, one for everyone else) to be coming out soon!

No comments