Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pregnancy + Anxiety = Ultrasound #3

If you know me well enough, you know that I'm a bit of an anxiety-ridden person.  Adding pregnancy to the mix of my already stressed, hormone crazed mind is no help on my 5 week waiting period from my last doctor's appointment to the next.  Because this pregnancy has been pretty symptomless - only slight food aversions here and there, and mostly fatigue that requires a nap everyday after work - I of course assume the worst has happened and that I am, in fact, baby-less.  

To ease my worry, I decided it was in our my best interest to schedule a heartbeat check at a local 3D ultrasound clinic.  Although I didn't need a 3D ultrasound, all I wanted was some reassurance to hear a heartbeat and know there was a growing little bean in my belly!  

So, that's exactly what we did.  We scheduled our ultrasound at Miracle in Progress 3D/4D Ultrasound Studio, located not too far from our house so it was quick and easy.  When we got there, to our surprise, the room was filled with 3 full sized sofas, a huge drop down screen, as well as a twin bed provided for mom to lay on for ultimate comfort during the "show".  It felt kind of funny with just Jason and I in the huge room, alone with just the ultrasound tech!  We got to hear our little bean's heartbeat right away, beating super fast at 175 bpm.  She showed us the heart along with the developed chambers, and we saw that our little blob had developed into a tiny tadpole baby, with arms and legs forming and even toes!  The craziest part of watching the 15 minute ultrasound was watching baby move around and use it's newly found reflexes!  Watching the arms and legs move was so surreal, knowing this little baby inside me was moving around, and not being able to feel a thing!

Our appointment helped me feel totally reassured that everything is A-okay!  Now only a little over two weeks until our next appointment with the doctor.... hopefully we won't be needing to make another trip for more reassurance (just kidding)!  

Here are some pictures from our ultrasound, little baby bean at 9 weeks, 6 days.

Baby's heartbeat at 175 bpm
Baby at the bottom, laying on back, head to the left, legs to the right
Close up of baby laying on back, head on left, tiny foot on right!
Until next time!

No comments