Thursday, June 6, 2013

May Happenings

In the beginning of the month, my work staff was invited to an informative talk by one of our doctors at Fogo de Chao.  Free food at an amazing Brazilian restaurant?  Why not!  Fogo de Chao is a Brazilian Steakhouse with a yummy salad bar and an unlimited variety of types of meat, such as filet mignon, top sirloin, rib eye, ribs, lamb, chicken and pork.  The waiters come to your table and shave off which meats you prefer, and it was quite tasty!  Most of our staff attended the dinner and was interesting to learn a little bit more about some gastrointestinal disease info that I hadn't known before.


HSC staff at Fogo De Chao
We had the exterior of our house painted!  This was an easy decision for us, because the outside of our house has been extremely dull since we moved in, and quite simply, it looked old and was in bad shape!  Our neighbors had their house painted about 2 weeks before, so we used the same company they did since it looked like they did a good job.  We weren't disappointed!  We were provided with a ton of colors and palettes to choose from, and although it took us a while to decide what we wanted, after seeing the final product, we knew it was exactly what we wanted!  I am in love with my new navy front door, and the company did a great job with the paint, filling the stucco, and even replacing some of our roof tiles that were cracked.  They did not disappoint!

Before/after shot; old and drabby to clean with a pop of color!
We were blessed and found out this amazing news!

My best friend in life, my cousin Chelsea, (who really could be my sister we are that close and alike!) had her baby shower in Vermont!  I was bummed that I couldn't be there to help her celebrate the arrival of her baby boy, but I tried to send some great gifts that I knew she would love to be there in my place!  Her theme for her nursery is sports-oriented, so I tried to play off of that theme for her "made with love" gifts.  I made a snuggly blanket, and also created a onesie gift box.  I find these monthly onesie stickers make the best baby shower gifts and I always seem to give them at every shower I go to!  They are just too fun to document baby's growth, and there are so many designs to choose from on Etsy.  Finally, her shower had everyone bring a book to start baby Everette's collection, and I couldn't choose just one! These are my favorite baby books and I love the cute humor Sandra Boynton creates.  I know baby Everette is going to be loved by so many and Chelsea and Allen are going to make the best parents!  Can't wait to meet this little dude in July!
Baby Everette's blanket

Front of the onesie box
Cute poem from Pinterest for the onesie box 

Classic baby books for Everette

Harley gave me extra snuggles on Mother's Day.  I can't wait to spend the next one with snuggling him AND a 3 month old!


Stacey made another visit into town this month!  We went out to dinner with her and Aaron to China Poblano in the Cosmo, and then met up with our other friends Erin and Jeremy at Nine Fine Irishmen in the New York New York.  The next day, we hung out at the pool at Green Valley Ranch and enjoyed the beginning of the summer heat of Vegas!





That's it for the month of May!  I have a feeling June may be a little bit lazier as we enter the fun part of our first trimester!  Stay tuned!

No comments