Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Happenings

June was pretty.... uneventful this month!  Between my fatigue and Jason working lots of overtime and studying for his REHS exam, we did a whole lot of resting and staying locked up in the house.  Sad, I know, but it was kind of refreshing to nap all afternoon on Saturdays and let the house get dirty for the first time ever!

We did catch a few movies this month at the Galaxy Luxury Theatre.  Jason had really been wanting to see Star Trek, and to much of my refusal, I finally caved in and watched the first one on DVD one Friday night.  I ended up liking it so much that I willingly agreed to go the next day to see the new Star Trek movie in theatres.  It was actually pretty good (nerd alert!) and Jason obviously knows my choice in movies more than I know myself!  

We also saw World War Z, which I absolutely loved!  After watching The Walking Dead a few months back, we knew we would be totally into this movie, and it definitely didn't disappoint.  

We hung out with our friends a few weekends, and had some of our close friends from out of town visit.  Dustin and Desa went to UNR with us (Dustin went to high school with us, also), and we've become super close with them in the last few years.  They moved to San Francisco two years ago, so it was great getting to catch up with them and hang out again!  We enjoyed some breakfast at Bread and Butter and went out to Fremont Street and the Fremont Street East district with them one night.   We're hoping to return the favor and visit them in San Fran in September. 

Unfortunately, I have no pictures to go with any of these events!  Boo.  Hopefully next month I'll have some renewed energy and we'll have a bit more going on to share!

No comments