Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Little Miss or Little Mister?

Today was the day!  After work, we found out the gender of our little bean.  Dr. Juarez's office doesn't offer the anatomy scan until 18-22 weeks, and there was NO way I could wait that long to find out!  With perfect timing, Groupon offered a 3D/4D ultrasound package, so we chose to purchase it and drive across town to Baby's First Image 3D/4D Ultrasound.  It was a great experience and I would highly recommend this place because the ultrasound tech is so friendly and fun!  

For the past month or more, I had a gut feeling this little person inside me was a GIRL.  Yet, my symptoms told me otherwise.  With no morning sickness, no weight gain, no acne, and overall a pretty easy pregnancy thus far, my body was definitely telling me BOY.  Jason was also convinced through his own gut feeling that it was a girl, too.  

As we began the ultrasound, the first image we saw of baby was an amazingly developed hand, waving back and forth!  Baby was moving around, flipping and waving around it's arms and legs like crazy.  After about 30 seconds, the tech exclaimed that she already knew what it was!  She went through our "symptoms" and what usually predicts a boy or girl... and with our consciouses' telling us what we were pretty certain of, it came as a complete surprise! when the ultrasound tech said, "You both are wrong... it's a boy!"  

Meet Baby BOY Kelton!  Jason couldn't be prouder.  I think he is actually more excited than I am about all of this (which is really hard to do, because I am SO excited)!  I'm hoping this little baby becomes a little mama's boy, while having a huge love for sports just like his daddy.  

We can't wait to watch you grow and develop into a chubby little dude over the next 6 months, little man!  January can't come soon enough!

It's a BOY!
3D view of "Boy Stuff".  Baby is sitting, his legs pointing out and everything is between his thighs!
My favorite picture from the session.  Laying with his left arm at his ear, right arm above his head.
Looking like an alien baby!
Another alien baby pic.

No comments