Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bump Watch: 37 Weeks







































How far along? 37 Weeks... Finally reached full term! 
Total weight gain: About 30 pounds total weight gain!  Supposedly I'll plateau soon and shouldn't be gaining much more... we'll see about that!
Maternity clothes? Lots and lots of leggings (usually only leggings) and stretchy maternity tees with cardigans and belts, like above!
Stretch marks? I may jinx this rounding out the pregnancy, but nothing still!
Sleep:  A little bit more difficult and find myself waking up more times during the night, but still able to sleep through most of the night.  It's just getting up and out of things that's difficult now... the bed, the couch, a chair... I need an invisible rope to cling to everywhere I go!
Best moment this week: My first cervical check!  I say this with half sarcasm and half seriousness.  I was super excited to find out if I had any progress towards labor, but was nervous about how painful I've heard these checks would be.  Needless to say, I left there with no progress of dilation (I was "barely a 1" dilated), 80% effaced and baby was very low.  I also learned exactly where my cervix is located, and let's just say it's not easy to get to right now since, per Dr. Juarez, it is "posterior"!  OUCH!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach, for sure.  I'm getting a little sick of side sleeping!
Movement: Still wiggling and pushing around in there... squished for room.  A bit of decreased movement only because he's running out of room!  I do feel his practice breathing at least once or twice a day which always makes me smile to know his lungs are getting a good workout and he'll be a pro at breathing when he's out!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, although Christmas sweets (chocolate, candy, desserts, etc.) have definitely been a binge this week!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender prediction: No more predicting... it's a boy!

Labor Signs: After my cervical check on Thursday, I've slowly been losing some discharge which I can only assume is my mucus plug.... (TMI, sorry!)  Braxton Hicks, and what I thought may have been contractions was explained to me by Dr. Juarez as uterine spasms.  I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever know what labor contractions will feel like!  I sure hope so... and I sure doubt I won't know!
Symptoms: Feeling even more pregnant than last week which I thought was impossible.  I'm terrified to know how I'll feel at 40+ weeks if I go that far!  Waddling, ligament pain, Braxton Hicks, and plain exhaustion.  I'm also thinking my way of "nesting" is kicking in.  Rather than cleaning everything, I have a weird paranoia of making lists and having a checklist of literally EVERYTHING I can think of, and my mind won't shut it off.  I think this is a mix of my nesting nature as well as a coping mechanism to having the worst short term memory loss ever!  
Belly Button in or out? Definitely not in, anymore.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, and getting a little anxious that we could be having this little guy at any time, now!
Looking forward to: Another cervical check- only to see if there's progress being made!  Christmas is this week so of course that is exciting!  Spending time with family and hopefully getting to see some friends we haven't seen in a while!  Packing the hospital bag (which I've still yet to do, it's on one of my many lists, don't worry!), and putting some last final touches on his nursery so we can take some pictures of that and post those here soon!

No comments