Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Happenings

The first day of this month was exciting by welcoming the newest member of the extended family.... Chelsea and Allen had their little man on August 1st, and he's the cutest little guy ever!  I wish I could fly over there ASAP and just snuggle him!  Soon enough...


Harley and I got some snuggling in one day after work, waiting for Jason to come home.


We received lots and LOTS of hand-me-downs from our friends for our little man.  The Luks' let us borrow lots of baby gear, including a Rock N' Play Sleeper, a couple play-activity mats / tummy time mats, a Bumbo chair with a tray, and a sweet, super nice and comfy swing for baby.  If that wasn't enough, one of my mom's coworkers gave us FOUR huge boxes of baby boy clothes, from newborn-12 month sizes!  This little guy does NOT need any more clothes (which we all know, I'll end up buying more anyway), and we are so blessed to have generous people in our lives to hand these things down to us!  One afternoon, I decided to organize all of the clothes out by size range.... here was the result:


We celebrated my birthday at Geisha Steakhouse (yum!) and it was so, so delicious.  Being pregnant made it taste just that much better!  No pictures of us because I was too busy stuffing my face!





We had our anatomy scan and got to see what our little guy was doing in my belly!

I went to a few second hand stores in search of some cheaper maternity jeans (no luck), and ended up scoring the cutest (and my favorite, thus far) piece of clothing for baby Kelton.  I wasn't a big fan of second hand stores for kids and babies... I thought it was too germy and gross initially.  But, when I saw this adorable Janie and Jack cardigan with matching hat, I knew it was totally worth the $3.00 price tag!  This thing probably retails for at least $40 bucks, so I figured a few rounds of Oxy-Clean will make this a great buy!! 


I reached the 20 week mark of this pregnancy!  Half way there!!


Our nursery furniture was delivered and we got to the first part of creating Nolan's room!

We made a trip to Babies "R" Us, and I made Jason park in the Expecting Mother's parking... Gotta take advantage of this for the next 4 months!


Until next month!

No comments