Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Happenings

This month, we started our journey into all things baby!  We started our registry, which we decided to do at both Target and Babies "R" Us.  I had done a lot of research on every possible subject of baby gear... bottles, mattresses, cribs, furniture, diaper pails; you name it, I read about it (first time mom, much!?)  I bought a great book called Baby Bargains, that helped with much of the research and to narrow down a lot of our choices per category of baby items.  After finishing the book, we decided to get our registry on!  We spent an hour at Target, and an overwhelming three hours at Babies "R" Us.  Needless to say we were exhausted by the end, but we did it!




While registering at Babies "R" Us, we found our bedding crib set that we had been looking for!  I was so happy to have finally found something I liked.  I had searched every Pinterest pin and every google website on baby bedding and couldn't find one piece of bedding that I really loved that was also an affordable price.  I wanted something mature, boyish, and not too "cliche" for baby, a simple solid or pattern would do but just couldn't find the right set.  I also couldn't decide if I wanted a bumper or no bumper... the debate on these things can get really heated, I discovered through my research, which made me second-guess the necessity of a bumper on a crib.  Once we saw the bedding at Babies "R" Us, I knew that was the one!  It is simple, and only consists of a quilt, crib sheet, and skirt, but that's all we need for now.  I decided that bumpers are an added expense I just can't see myself paying for, so if we need one later down the road so baby's legs and arms don't get stuck through the crib slats, we'll most likely try a breathable bumper first.  The pattern of the bedding set is perfect and goes perfectly with his vintage baseball theme for the nursery.  
Taken at night, sorry for the dim lighting!  Plus, still no mattress!
My friend Jessica brought me the most adorable blanket for baby Nolan that she found while she was out shopping one day.  It couldn't be more perfect since he and Harley will be best buddies!  It might be  one of my favorite baby items we have gotten so far!


We also bought our nursery rocker this month, making our furniture for Nolan's nursery complete!  It was a rough road trying to find a chair to fit our needs for his room.  The dimensions of the room are not very big, so fitting a crib, two dressers and a rocking chair all together wasn't the easiest thing to do!  I knew I didn't want a wooden rocker or glider... (I know, I'm SO picky!)  so finding something comfy and economical while a decent price was a challenge.  Yet, after looking long and hard for a whole month, we finally ended up with this awesome rocker and recliner that is super comfy and looks good, too!  We had to configure the furniture a million different ways before deciding on the best set-up for the small spaced room.  Yet, now that the chair has been there for a while, it seems completely in place and would look strange any other way.  We love it!


Harley is going to spend a lot of time in this chair, I think!
We had our friends over for the Mayweather vs. Alvarez fight, and we spent time goofing off with the kiddos:







I found out at my 24 week appointment with Dr. Juarez that I have an anterior placenta.  This was exciting news to me because it explained exactly why I didn't start feeling baby move until a little bit later than most women, as well as why I still can't feel him having a dance party on a regular basis!  I found this picture and thought this was an amazing representation of what an anterior placenta is, exactly:



We went out two two nice dinners and one great show when we celebrated our one year anniversary!

And finally, Harley played hide and seek and looked extra cute on the stairs, so I of course had to snap lots of pictures!




The next coming months will be even more and more loaded with baby activities, planning, and preparing... stay tuned!!

No comments