Sunday, November 10, 2013

Baby Shower!


My friends and family hosted a great baby shower for me and the little man in the beginning of the month.  With lots of food and great company, it made for a memorable day that I am super grateful for!  I had friends come in from out of town for it and it was the perfect way to end the fun, eventful weekend we had together!  

Lots of love and gifts from friends and family

Diaper cake my mom made
Barefoot Wine favors for the guests
Awesome cake!  The inside was lemon cake with raspberry jam... my favorite!
We had lots of yummy snacks and finger foods that my mom mostly made, which included pasta and potato salads, chips and dips, veggie trays, deviled eggs, and a tray of yummy Capriotti's sandwiches (the Bobbie was a hit!)  We talked and mingled, and the girls checked out Nolan's ultrasound pictures as well as comparison pictures of mine and Jason's baby pics!  It was an overwhelming response that little baby Nolan is going to look a lot like his Daddy.




Nolan and I were spoiled with so many great gifts!  The first gift I opened I was shocked- one of my best friends, Erin, handmade an amazing, cozy blanket for Nolan.  I had no idea she even knew how to crochet, so it was a shock to all of us when she told us she had made it herself!  It's a special blanket that I know we will keep for a long, long time!

 Scarlett was my little helper throughout opening gifts.  She would hand each one to me, help me unwrap, and discard the paper to the garbage.  She's just as excited for baby Nolan (baby No-wen, is how she pronounces his name, in the cutest little voice!) to get here as we are!



Nolan will be sporting the UNR onesies thanks to Auntie Stacey!  Go Pack!







After gifts, it was cake time, which again Scarlett helped in passing out each piece to everyone, until she decided she would need her own piece to nibble on!  Who could blame her... it was super yummy!





We played a couple fun games, one of which was a prediction of baby Nolan's arrival date!  My good friend Jessica had contacted a few of my close relatives in Vermont to get their predictions as well, and had them already listed on the cute printout sheet.  That was so special to me to know that even though my family couldn't be at my shower in person, they were still able to share a part of the day with me through a fun activity!  Lots of guesses are past my due date... thanks, guys!  We didn't put ours on the sheet, but Jason and I also made our predictions:  Mommy thinks baby will be here on January 8th, weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches long.  Daddy thinks baby will be here after I'm due... January 14th, weighing 7 lbs. even and 18 inches long.  



The other game we played was piecing together pictures of Jason and I to predict what baby will look like!  This was a hilarious game with some funny results.  If our child looks anything like these pictures, I may be slightly disturbed!


My mom's and Erin's prediction
Jess and Scarlett's prediction
Whitney and Alexis had the same exact top predictions, Stacey's at the bottom
We had a great time celebrating the pending arrival of baby Nolan!  I couldn't have asked for better company to spend my shower with and am so thankful for the friends and family who contributed, whether in person or across the country.  Baby Nolan is so loved already and I know he's going to be spoiled with amazing friends and family in his life, too, and we couldn't be more appreciative of that!


No comments